Twitter is the social networking site that connects people from all corners of the world. You can share your thoughts and voice your opinion, 140 characters at a time. With over 500 million active users on this website (and this number growing every day) it is hard to have one voice heard over others. However, these 10 people have no problem getting their voices heard on this popular website. Today, we bring you some of the most widely followed and influential people on Twitter who have helped to develop our present culture, and continue to have a huge effect on our society.
1. Pete Cashmore (@mashable) Mashable is a leading news website dedicated “to news, information and resources for the Connected Generation.” Pete Cashmore is the founder and CEO of Mashable and at 26 years old, has become one of the most influential people in the world.
2. Richard Branson (@RichardBranson) With over 2 million Twitter followers, this man needs no introduction. He is one of the few high-profile businessmen who have Twitter and consistently tweet from their accounts. Not only does he offer advice, he also shares some funny insights.
3. Clayton Christensen (@ClayChristensen) As one of Harvard Business School’s top professors and the author of “How Will You Measure Your Life”, Clayton Christensen has changed the way in which companies do business. Follow his Twitter and see him change the world!
4. Arianna Huffington (@AriannaHuff) Arianna Huffington is the Editor-in-Chief of The Huffington Post, and is guaranteed to share a fresh and insightful perspective regarding the news that her website publishes. As one of the most powerful women in media, we should probably listen up!
5. Paul Krugman (@NYTimesKrugman) With over a million followers on Twitter, Paul Krugman is one of the most respected (and controversial!) figures in Economics. Whether you love him or hate him, his tweets are guaranteed to get you thinking.
7. Guy Kawasaki (@GuyKawasaki) With over a million followers on Twitter, the former chief evangelist of Apple will keep you entertained and clued up with his brilliant perspective on business and social issues.
8. Seth Godin (@ThisIsSethsBlog) While most of Seth’s tweets link to his own blog posts, both platforms explore the way in which the business world is changing, especially in the world of social media.
9. Rachel Maddow (@maddow) Rachel Maddow is best known for her nightly political news show “The Rachel Maddow Show” and with over 2 million Twitter followers is definitely a great account for anybody to follow. She consistently tweets her opinions on political news around the globe.
10. Oprah Winfrey (@Oprah) Quite an obvious option, but a great one nonetheless. The actress, producer and media mogul uses her Twitter account to share words of wisdom and write back to the public. You will find discussions surrounding different
social issues that you may find engaging!
So there you have it – our top 10 people on Twitter. Get following, get tweeting and you never know – you may just get a reply!